Information for Students

New Degree Students
You've never been to any college before, but you are ready to start working on a degree. It doesn't matter if you earned your GED, recently graduated from high school, or you've been out of school for a number of years, we consider you a New to College student. 
Additional information for New Degree Students
Transfer Degree Students
If you have tried other schools, but have decided to come to VSCC to pursue a degree, we consider you a transfer student. 
Additional information for Transfer Degree Students
Technical Certificate Students
Volunteer State offers several Technical Certificate programs that teach certain skills and prepare students for work in a shorter amount of time than seeking a full degree. Many of the Technical Certificates do lead to degree programs.
Additional information for Technical Certificate Students
Non-degree-seeking Students
Some students just don't want a degree. If you're looking to take classes for fun or personal growth, this is the program for you. Follow the link to learn more about ways you can become a VSCC student.
Additional information for Non-degree-seeking Students
Transient Students
Planning on coming to VSCC for a semester and transferring the classes you take back to your parent institution? This is the place for you.
Additional information for Transient Students
Returning Students
Welcome back! After taking a semester off (except Summer), all former students are asked to fill out a readmit application. It's short, and best of all, free. There are just a few things you should know.
Additional information for Returning Students
International Students
Students from all walks of life and all parts of the world create unique learning opportunities. At Vol State we welcome applications from students living outside the United States. If you are not a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident, then we consider you an International Student.
Additional information for International Students
Admission of Special High School Students
A special high school student is one that will be classified as a dual enrolled student, a joint enrolled student, an advanced studies student, an academically talented and gifted student, or an early admitted student. Each of these classifications apply to students currently enrolled in high school but wish to complete college coursework prior to high school graduation.
Additional information for Admission of Special High School Students
Auditing Students
Students who choose to audit a course want to take the course for personal enrichment. These students will not receive a grade for the course.
Additional information for Auditing Students
Senior Citizen Students
If you are 60 years of age or over and a resident of Tennessee, you may take classes at a reduced rate, providing there is space available and enough non-Senior Citizen students have enrolled in the course for it to be held.
Additional information for Senior Citizen Students