A certificate in Animal Care Technology requires 23 hours of college courses encompassing both general education and animal/veterinary technology. The program may be completed on either a full or part time basis. The program is designed to prepare the student for employment in one of several career paths:
- Veterinary assistant in private practice
- Research assistant for teaching hospitals
- Animal care provider for retail pet stores/groomers
- Local Humane Society staff
- Animal husbandry for corporate farms
- Preparation for advancement to a licensed veterinary technician
Primary course work, including laboratories, will occur on the main campus in Gallatin. Clinical experiences will occur in local veterinary clinics and/or research hospitals.
The Animal Care Technology Certificate program “nests” with two of our Associate of Applied Science degree programs. You can choose from either Veterinary Technology or General Business Administration: Management Concentration.
|Dr. Doug Shaw||Douglas.Shaw@volstate.edu||(615) 230-3262|
Math and Science Division
Volunteer State Community College
1480 Nashville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066