YMCA Fun Company Youth Leader
YMCA Fun Company -
Date Posted: March 27, 2015 - 01:03 PM
Job DescriptionDuties and Responsibilities:
• Model YMCA core values: respect, responsibility, caring and honesty.
• Ensure the safety of all children at all times including roll taking and counting of participants; and maintain daily recordkeeping and adhere to all guidelines.
• Set up and take down program space so that area is transformed into child-friendly environment. This includes moving, cleaning, picking up and putting back furniture and equipment ensuring program space is left in organized fashion.
• Actively lead and engage a group of 15 to 20 (DHS maximum is 20) children in activities outlined by the Site Director either inside or outside program areas and during transition times.
• Assist in planning and implementing a quality curriculum that meets YMCA guidelines.
• Attend all staff meetings and in-service training as required by the program staff.
• Assist in controlling and maintaining supplies and inventory on site.
• Assist in monitoring licensing standards at the School Age site to ensure the maintenance of all quality standards.
• Maintain positive relationships with YMCA personnel and administration and school staff.
• Assist in maintaining citywide policies and procedures.
• Participate in YMCA volunteer programs and the annual We Build People Campaign.
• Assume duties as directed by the Site Director.
Job RequirementsEducation / Experience Required:
• Minimum 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Previous experience in child development or related experience preferred
• Pre-hire: complete YMCA of Middle TN application for employment, new hire packet, Praesidium Child Abuse Detection / Prevention and BBP training
• Required Before Start of Shift: First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Emergency Oxygen, DHS Background Disclosure Form & Fingerprints, Abuse Registry Check, DHS Physical health form, DHS fingerprint appt., three letters of reference
• Within 30 days of hire: DHS 1st Steps
• Within the first year: must meet annual training requirements
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
This position requires an individual with an enthusiastic personality who can develop harmonious relationships with staff, members, volunteers, and school leaders and have the ability to work well with children in cooperation with other site staff and to lead and motivate staff. He/she must present a professional image and have excellent written, oral, and presentation skills and be knowledgeable of O.S.H.A. regulations, DHS guidelines, and all licensing procedures. S/he must have the ability to travel to more than one site when necessary.
Education: High school
Experience: No experience required
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|6:30-8:30||8.00||Part time||March 31, 2015|
Company Description Consistent with the Christian mission and Hope for Life Vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the School Age Site Director, the School Age Youth Leader is responsible for planning and implementing activities and executing daily lesson plans for the School Age Before and After School sites and Summer Programs. The School Age Youth Leader will work with other site staff to foster children's social, physical, spiritual, and mental growth.
Contact Information Kathi Kemph