Hendersonville Utility District -
Date Posted: May 08, 2015 - 03:05 PM
Job DescriptionUnder limited direction of the Information Technology Manager, this position will provide technical expertise for analysis, web publishing, and geo-processing to support a comprehensive Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Hendersonville Utility District (HUD). Work involves data conversions, cartography (map production), cartographic design, data loading and conversion, monitoring database consistency and QA/QC, solution deployment, web services configuration and support, GIS infrastructure monitoring and tuning, strategy, design, and implementation. The primary focus of this job is GIS Data Acquisition, User Support, Data Management, Application Support, and Infrastructure Support. A person in this position will need to solve complex problems, provide GIS application development of ArcGIS extensions, and ArcServer development, deployment and maintenance to meet end user requirements, create reports, and provide ArcMobile support of data acquisition.
Other responsibilities require the GIS technician’s support of other HUD departments in the use of various software programs; assist end users with software problems; troubleshoot software errors and problems. Assist in: maintaining the HUD network servers; the operation and maintenance of the Local Area Network and Wide Area Network; provide users with support and assistance in operating the electronic mail system; website updates, interact with vendors and consultants regarding technology issues; perform routine clerical tasks; and other related assigned duties.
Job RequirementsAssociates degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Geosciences, Geography, or related field; or two (2) years of experience performing GIS analysis related activities, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
A valid driver’s license is required.
Must have a minimum knowledge, skill and/or training of:
• Multiple computer operating systems, programs and architecture.
• Principals and techniques of computerized information management including; system design and analysis, programming tools and languages, hardware, software, database applications, and network application capabilities.
• Modern GIS database support, maintenance and management.
• GIS data and process modeling techniques.
• ArcSDE, ArcGIS Server, SQL Server, Python, or similar.
• The ability to produce geofiles, maps and other representations of spatial data.
• Familiar with Asset Management/Work Order applications
• Operate word-processing, spreadsheet programs and/or other application software typical to office work environments.
• Internet and worldwide web protocols.
• Skill in troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Operating and maintaining servers, personal computers, and utilizing related software programs and test equipment.
• Excellent time/data management, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and the public.
Education: AssociateÕs degree
Experience: 2 years
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|40 hours/weel||$40,000-$50,000/yr||Full time||May 27, 2015|
Company Description Potable Water
Contact Information Angie Shumate