Sumner County Convention & Visitors Bureau -
Date Posted: August 13, 2015 - 11:08 AM
Job DescriptionPerforms varied support services requiring proficiency in general office and organizational skills. Compiles, enters and maintains accounts payable records. Supports the SCCVB Office by contributing to office operations and productivity.
1. Provides customer service, answers telephones, greets visitors, answers questions, provides information, researches and resolves problems.
2. Assists in preparing and processing correspondence, reports and other documents.
3. Prepares, enters and issues bills, statements, receipts, checks and other related documents.
4. Gathers, inputs and retrieves data, e.g., payroll, IRA, EFT, insurance, credit card statements, etc.
5. Maintains event calendars.
6. Maintains files, logs and other records.
7. Maintains and reconciles petty cash.
8. Operates and assists others in operating variety of office machines, such as: computer, printer, calculator, photocopier, FAX machine, telephone, postage meter, etc.
9. Runs errands.
10. May do some light housekeeping work.
11. May assist with website and social media.
12. May give tours and/or coordinate displays at the Comer House.
13. May work and provide hospitality for special events such as festivals, tournaments, tour groups, etc.
14. May work shifts at Douglass-Clark House as required.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Job RequirementsMinimum Qualifications:
Education equivalent to graduation from a standard high school, some college coursework preferred. Experience equivalent to one year of public contact and/or office work. Experience with data entry, typing/word processing, filing, operating varied office equipment, accounts payable and QuickBooks preferred.
1. Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational and customer service skills.
3. Ability to present oneself as well as the SCCVB in a professional manner.
4. Proficient in the use of a personal computer and corresponding programs.
Ability to sit for extended periods of time in the input and retrieval of computer data and answering of telephones. Ability to walk, stand, bend, squat, kneel, push, pull and stoop while performing various tasks. Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
Work performed indoors in climate-controlled and non-climate-controlled areas, as well as outdoors.
Education: High school
Experience: 1 year
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|Part Time 20 hours per week - flexible||Negotiable depending on experience||Temp||September 03, 2015|
Company Description The Sumner County Convention and Visitors Bureau, or Sumner County Tourism, was originally created by the United Chambers of Commerce of Sumner County in the late 1980's as a joint effort to market tourism. It was reorganized in 2004 as a 501(c)6 destination marketing agency overseen by a board of directors. The CVB is not a membership organization, but is funded through the 5% Sumner County Occupancy Tax. Its mission is to market Sumner County as a year-round destination for leisure, business, group and individual travel. The office is located in the former "Comer House" at 2310 Nashville Pike in Gallatin. Our office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Contact Information Barry Young