Sumner County YMCA -
Date Posted: September 30, 2015 - 04:09 PM
Job DescriptionConsistent with the Christian mission and Hope for Life Vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Aquatics Director, the Lifeguard will responsible for maintaining all aquatic safety procedures, while providing a safe and enjoyable aquatic experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility
• Report to work on time, in uniform and at position when shift begins
• Check area for hazardous conditions upon arrival
• Safeguard lives of members and patrons
• Maintain Ellis & Associates lifeguard license
• Comply with Ellis & Associates’ standards to maintain his/her license
• Enforce facility rules in courteous but firm manner
• Keep swimming areas clean and ready for inspection at all times
• Secure area by locking all doors and access points when a lifeguard is not on duty
• Attend all required staff meetings/in-services
Job RequirementsEducation / Experience Required:
• Minimum 16 years of age; no lifeguarding experience required
• Demonstrate Intermediate swimming ability
• Pre-hire: complete YMCA of Middle TN application for employment, new hire packet, Praesidium Child Abuse Detection/Prevention training and BBP.
• Before first shift: First Aid, CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer, and Emergency Oxygen.
• Before first shift: successfully complete Ellis & Associates International Lifeguard Training Program; obtain/maintain Ellis & Assoc. lifeguard license
Education: High school
Experience: No experience required
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|5am - 9pm varied shifts||$7.55 boe||Part time||October 07, 2015|
Company Description For more than 130 years, the YMCA of Middle Tennessee has been guided by its Christian mission and values to strengthen the foundations of our community and nurture the potential of the men, women and children who call the greater Nashville area home. As a leading nonprofit dedicated to meeting community needs, we engage people across eight counties, giving more than 313,000 of our neighbors—more than a third of them kids—the chance to learn, grow and thrive.
A worldwide charitable fellowship united by a common loyalty to Jesus Christ for the purpose of helping people grow in spirit, mind and body.
Contact Information Marlene Hilligoss