General Maintenance Technician
Sumner County YMCA -
Date Posted: September 30, 2015 - 07:09 PM
Job DescriptionConsistent with the Christian mission and Hope for Life Vision of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, and in cooperation with other YMCA staff, under the direction of the Property Director, the General Maintenance Tech will provide maintenance repairs and some housekeeping services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model the YMCA core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
• Perform installation, preventive maintenance, adjustments, and basic repairs including, but not limited to, plumbing, basic electrical, painting, fixtures, locks and doors.
• Perform various other electrical and HVAC maintenance related tasks indoors and outdoors as directed.
Job RequirementsEducation / Experience Required:
• Minimum 18 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Experience with power & hand tools, hardware and construction materials, tools and processes
• Experience in cleaning, and using cleaning chemicals, including safety procedures
Education: High school
Experience: No experience required
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|20 hours per week / flexible / evenings & weekends||$9.50 hourly boe||Part time||October 03, 2015|
Company Description For more than 130 years, the YMCA of Middle Tennessee has been guided by its Christian mission and values to strengthen the foundations of our community and nurture the potential of the men, women and children who call the greater Nashville area home. As a leading nonprofit dedicated to meeting community needs, we engage people across eight counties, giving more than 313,000 of our neighbors—more than a third of them kids—the chance to learn, grow and thrive.
A worldwide charitable fellowship united by a common loyalty to Jesus Christ for the purpose of helping people grow in spirit, mind and body.
Contact Information Dennis Cass