JOB FAIR TODAY, Friday, Feb 21, Goodwill Gallatin Career Solutions 1p -- 4p
Aid and Assist -
Date Posted: February 21, 2014 - 09:02 AM
Job DescriptionAssists the client to maintain good personal hygiene.
Assists in maintaining a healthful, safe environment
Assist with planning and preparing nutritious meals. Markets when instructed to do so.
Assists the client with mobility, ambulating, and transfer assistance.
Assists with household task such as light housekeeping, changing bed linens, and laundry
Assists with access to community activities and appointments outside the home
Reminds clients about medication time & observes the client taking the medication
Assists as needed with rehabilitative processes
Encourages the client to become as independent as possible according to the nursing care plan
Attempts to promote client’s mental alertness through involvement in activities of interest
Gives simple emotional and psychological support to the client and other members of the household
Establishes a relationship with client and family which transmits trust and confidentiality
Job Requirements- High School Education - High school graduate or GED
- Transportation - Reliable transportation. Must be able to travel to prospective clients’ place of residence and potentially run errands for client as needed. Applicant must have a valid current Driver’s License.
- Teamwork - Experience in successfully working as part of a team and able to maintain a positive working environment. Dependable in both production and attendance.
- Communication Skills - Able to communicate efficiently and effectively with persons in all levels of business. Including excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to read, understand instructions, and maintain written reports/records. Shows good judgment and tact in dealing with people. Has the emotional and mental maturity needed for establishing and maintaining a good work relationship with co-workers, staff, clients, clients’ families, and industry partners. Knowledge of Microsoft Office application (or equivalent) and telephone protocol.
- Working Environment - Able to work in a typical office environment (knowledge of PC, copy/fax/scanner, multi-line phone, calculator). Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Organization - Strong organizational skills and self-discipline. Ability to handle frequent interruptions, multi-task. Ability to establish priorities effectively.
- Health – Pass required communicable disease screenings. Pass required drug screen.
- Background - Able to pass detailed Criminal Background with no felonies of any kind and no misdemeanors related to drugs, theft, or violence.
Education: High school
|Work Hours||Compensation||Job type||Start Date|
|Varies||DOE||Full time||March 09, 2014|
Company Description id & Assist At Home could be the place for you if you are looking for a career that provides both personal and financial satisfaction. We are a leader in the home care industry --- and our success comes from our genuine commitment to treating our clients in a loving, respectful, and responsible way.
Contact Information Barry Howard