Campus Safety Escorts
For safety and security purposes, the Vol State Campus Police Department will provide Campus Safety Escorts whereby an individual can be escorted from one on-campus location to their desired on-campus destination by utilizing a member of the Vol State Campus Police Department. In order to obtain an escort, one can either contact an officer in person, or by contacting the campus police department. An escort is available to students, employees and guests while they are on Volunteer State Community College campuses and will operate on the Gallatin campus twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week and during normal operating hours at off-campus sites. Uniformed officers will offer a walking/riding escort to any destination on the college campuses. No escorts will be made off-campus unless an emergency or special circumstance exists.
The Vol State Campus Police Department provides a limited amount of vehicle assistance. This courtesy is extended to students, faculty, and staff as well as visitors. If you require any of the services listed below, please contact our office.
- Jump Starts - Booster packs or booster cables are available if your vehicle has a dead battery.
- Flat Tire - An air tank can be used to inflate a flat tire in order for you to drive to a service station.
- Keys Locked in Vehicle - Departmental policy restricts the use of any tools or objects to unlock a vehicle. We can provide a telephone and phone numbers to local locksmiths.
Lost and Found
Vol State Campus Police Department at Gallatin, Livingston and Springfield is recognized as the college’s offices responsible for lost and found items. To ensure the security of found items, as well as protect the finder, we ask that all lost and found items be turned in to the Campus Police Department as soon as the item is found. If you are unable to bring the item to the office, please contact Campus Police for an officer to pick up the item. A reasonable effort will be made to return the item its owner. Individuals wishing to claim a lost item must provide a detailed description of the item which will provide proof of ownership, present a valid picture identification, and sign a property receipt if it is determined the item is in fact the claimants.
Special instructions for individuals who have lost a flash drive -
- Found flash drives that are labeled externally with First Name and Last Name will be held in lost and found. The name has to match a valid ID for pickup.
- All unlabeled and unclaimed flash drives will be collected by the IT department for secure wipe and/or to be destroyed.
- Finders - Do not attempt to verify ownership by inserting an unknown flash drive into VSCC computers.
Perishable items such as food/drinks and items that could pose a hazard such as cigarette lighters are not accepted. The Campus Police Department has the right to dispose of an item in a safe and legal way under discretion of the receiving officer.
Recommendations concerning personal property:
- Do not remove jewelry when washing hands.
- Label items such as text books, calculators, and flash drives with your name and contact information.
- Do not leave items unattended.
- Check your desk, classroom, or work area upon leaving to make sure you haven’t dropped your cell phone, keys, or other personal belongs.
- Secure debit/credit cards and driver’s license in a wallet or purse.
Assistance Call Boxes
For safety and security purposes, Assistance Call Boxes have been placed in parking lots at the Gallatin, Highland Crest, and Livingston campuses. For assistance, press the red button to contact campus police.