For safety and security purposes, the Vol State Campus Police Department will provide Campus Escorts whereby an individual can be escorted from one on-campus location to their desired on-campus destination by utilizing a member of the Vol State Campus Police Department. In order to obtain an escort, one can either contact an officer in person, or by contacting the campus police department. An escort is available to students, employees and guests while they are on Volunteer State Community College campuses and will operate on main campus twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week and during normal operating hours at off-campus sites. Uniformed officers will offer a walking/riding escort to any destination on the college campuses. No escorts will be made off-campus unless an emergency or special circumstance exists.
The Vol State Campus Police Department provides a limited amount of vehicle assistance. This courtesy is extended to students, faculty, and staff as well as visitors. If you require any of the services listed below, please contact our office.
Jump Starts - Booster packs or booster cables are available if your vehicle has a dead battery.
Flat Tire - An air tank can be used to inflate a flat tire in order for you to drive to a service station.
Keys Locked in Vehicle - Departmental policy restricts the use of any tools or objects to unlock a vehicle. We can provide a telephone and phone numbers to local locksmiths.
Lost and Found
Property found by members of the Volunteer State community may be turned in at any time to the Vol State Campus Police Department.
Inquires About Lost Items
You can call Vol State Campus Police to inquire about lost items (615) 230-3595, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Examples of accepted Items
- Cell Phones
- MP3 players/iPods
- Items having ownership information
- Flash Drives - To provide the most reliable and virus free computer environment possible, found flash drives will be forwarded to Information Technology. To inquire about a lost/found flash drive, email firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name and contact information along with a description and contents of the flash drive.
Examples of items not accepted
- Perishable items / Food
- Flammable Items (lighters, etc)
- Small recreational items (soccer balls, frisbees, baseballs, etc)
- Personal grooming items (combs, brushes, bows, ribbons, scrunchies, etc)
- Intentionally abandoned property (electronic equipment that obviously does not work, damaged furniture, items placed by trash containers for disposal, etc)
- Office supplies (individual notebooks, pens, etc)
Assistance Call Boxes
For safety and security purposes, Assistance Call Boxes have been placed in parking lots at the Gallatin, Highland Crest, and Livingston campuses. For assistance, press the red button to contact campus police.