Academic Status & Grade Appeals
The purpose of the Academic Status and Grade Appeals Committee is to administer policies and procedures concerning admission status and retention of students.
- Review and recommend action on all appeals related to academic status, residency classifications, admission status, and grades, (except the completion of an "I" which occurs in the allotted time period).
- Review and recommend action on appeals for extension of completion of an "I" for extenuating circumstances.
- Administer policies concerning probation, suspension, and reinstatement of students.
Reports to the Vice President of Academic Affairs
- At least one but no more than two faculty from each academic division.
- At least one representative from the Advising center
- One representative from Records
- One representative from Financial Aid
- One representative from Distance Learning
- Student representation: 0 (due to FERPA guidelines)
- Total membership: 10 - 15 (majority should be faculty)
- At-large members: 2
Ex-Officio: Director of Records and Registration, Vice President of Academic Affairs