Computing & Technology Committee
The purpose of the Computing and Technology Committee is to review and recommend policies and procedures ensuring that the College maximizes its computing and technological resources. This committee addresses issues related to: computers, printers; institutional networking; software purchases; upgrading computers; and student computer labs and other computing or technology needs. Technology issues include classroom projection systems, telephone services, fax capabilities, copiers, shredders, security measures, and other issues.
- Update and review computer plan and technology plan.
- Set standards for computing (hardware and software) needs.
- Establish priorities for distribution of computers and computer related equipment and software.
- Establish priorities for maintenance, acquisition and implementation of new technology.
- Establish priorities for programming requests.
- Review requests for and distribute TAF funds.
- Review and address employee and student computer and technology issues.
- Establish and review policy for disposal of surplus equipment.
- Review compliance with TAF expenditures.
Vice President of Business and Finance
- Three (3) faculty representatives
- One (1) representative from Disabilities Services
- Director of Library Services or Electronic Resources Librarian
- One (1) representative of Financial Aid
- One (1) representative of Business Office
- Assistant Director of Computer Center
- One (1) representative of Admissions
- One (1) representative of Records and Registration
- Chair of Computer Information Systems Department
- One (1) representative of Institutional Effectiveness, Research Planning and Assessment
- One representative from Livingston
- Director of Non-Credit Instruction
- Student representation: 2 (one member of SGA)
- Total membership: 17
- At-large members: 0
Ex-Officio: Vice President of Business & Finance, Director of Telecommunications, Director of Media Services, Director of Purchasing and Contracts, Director of Distance Learning, Vice President of Academic Affairs, Director of Information Technology