Scholarship & Awards Committee
The purpose of the Scholarship and Awards Committee is to review and recommend guidelines, policies, and procedures which govern the distribution and awarding of scholarships.
- Develop and review procedures for the awarding of scholarships in consultation with divisions and departments.
- Review applicant information and recommend recipients of private scholarships, academic service scholarships (excluding those awarded by divisions), and scholarships offered by senior institutions for transfer students.
- Determine special award recipients.
- Establish and maintain an appeal of eligibility procedure for scholarship recipients.
- Make awards.
Reports to the Vice President of Student Services
- Five (5) faculty representatives, with no more than two (2) representatives from from any one division
- One representative Admissions
- One representative from Financial Aid
- One representative from Business and Finance
- One representative from Resource Development
- Student representation: Students will be involved when policy issues are being discussed.
- Total membership: 11 — 15
- At-large members: 4
Ex-Officio: Vice President of Resource Development, Vice President of Student Services, Director of Financial Aid