The purpose of the Academic Integrity Committee is to administer policies and procedures related to appeals for change of grade(s) and appeals related to academic misconduct.
- Review and recommend action on all appeals related to grades to include failing grades assigned in relation to academic misconduct (except the completion of an “I” for extenuating circumstances).
- Review and recommend action on appeals related to failing grades assigned in relation to academic misconduct by the Academic Misconduct Subcommittee
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs for appeals of an academic nature.
- Two (2) faculty from each academic division
- For grade appeals, only faculty vote
- At least one (1) representative from the Advising Center
- One (1) representative from Financial Aid
- One (1) representative from Distance Learning
- Student representation: 2 (appointed by SGA President)
- At-large members: 2
Total membership: 17
Ex-Officio: Registrar, Vice President for Academic Affairs, Student Records Coordinator
Membership for Academic Misconduct Hearings
In matters of hearing procedures related to academic misconduct, only the committee members who are
faculty may be present along with the chair and two students appointed by the SGA President. The Vice President for Student Services or designee must be present during all hearing procedures involving academic misconduct to ensure due process for the student(s). All members utilized for these particular hearing procedures must have completed the Academic Misconduct Hearing Procedures training. A quorum for the Academic Misconduct subcommittee is met with five faculty members.
Week Three (3), Monday, 2:30 p.m.