Diversity and Cultural Awareness
The purpose of the Diversity and Cultural Awareness Committee is to promote awareness of diversity issues, provide cultural activities/events, and increase overall diversity at the College.
- Monitor the progress of the College’s Diversity Plan and provide budget recommendations for initiatives related to the Diversity Plan.
- Advise the Director of Human Resources about activities that enhance diversity in the work environment.
- Advise the Vice President of Student Services and Director of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives about activities that enhance the college experience for our diverse student population from recruitment through graduation.
- Plan and implement diversity education activities including, but not limited to, workshops, speakers, and social events to be coordinated by the Cultural Events subcommittee.
- Develop and distribute a comprehensive calendar of cultural programs and activities, including those not planned by the committee.
- Recommend and monitor activities designed to increase the diversity of the College through recruitment of faculty, staff, and students.
- Work with Student Life, Human Resources, and Public Relations to increase campus and community participation in diversity-related activities.
- Awards Ruff Award and Diversity Award.
Reports to the Vice President of Student Services
- One (1) advisor to E.S.O.L.
- One (1) representative from TRIO Student Support Services
- One (1) representative of Student Services
- One (1) representative of Business and Finance
- One (1) representative of Learning Support
- One (1) representative from Public Relations
- One (1) faculty representative from at least four divisions
- Advisor of Gay-Straight Alliance
- Advisor of A.A.S.U.
- Advisor of Collegiate Ministries
- Maxine Smith Fellow (if available)
- Student representation: 2
- At large members: 3
Total membership: 19
Ex-Officio: Vice President of Student Services, Director of Human Resources, Director of Student Life and Diversity Initiatives; Coordinator of E.S.O.L., Chair of International Education Committee, Chair of Enrollment Management Committee, Coordinator of International Education
Initial Meeting: Week Three (3), Thursday, 2:30 p.m.