The purpose of the Professional Development Committee is to promote the professional development of all College employees to ensure continued excellence. Additionally, the Faculty Learning Community will act as a subcommittee of the Professional Development Committee in engaging the VSCC faculty and college community in regularly scheduled activities which focus on enhanced teaching and learning.
- Identify common professional development needs of employees and sponsor appropriate activities to meet those needs.
- Identify common professional development needs of specific groups of employees and sponsor appropriate activities to meet those needs.
- Plan designated professional development days.
- Plan Faculty Learning Community activities to support faculty excellence.
- Plan Fall Convocation.
- Makes recommendations regarding the professional development budget.
Vice President of Resource Development Academic Affairs
- Five (5) faculty members, one from each academic division
- Five (5) support staff
- Five (5) professional staff
- Assistant Vice President of Continuing Education
Total Membership: 16
Ex Officio: Vice-President of Academic Affairs, Representative from Human Resources
Membership for Faculty Learning Community Subcommittee
The five (5) faculty members who are members of the Professional Development Committee and the QEP Director will act as the Faculty Learning Community Subcommittee and will be responsible for recruiting, scheduling, and advertising regular Faculty Learning Community activities.
Initial Meeting: Week Two (2), Thursday, 2:30 p.m.