The Dropbox tool replaces the need for you to mail, fax, or email assignments to your instructor. You can use the Dropbox tool to submit assignments online by uploading their files to designated folders where your instructor can pick up the files for grading and post helpful information. You can upload more than one file to a single Dropbox folder, but once the file has been submitted it cannot be removed.
Select the Dropbox link on the course home navigation bar to view a list of dropbox folders created by your instructor.
From this page you can view:
- A list of available folders
- Submission and feedback information
- Previously submitted assignments (by clicking history)
To submit assignments to the dropbox:
- Select the assignment name link to the destination folder. ( for example, the course name of the section number).
- Read assignment instructions, complete work and submit in format assigned (i.e. .doc, .rtf, .html) Click BROWSE and locate the assignment file that you want to upload.
- Click DONE to return to the dropbox folder list page.
The submitted column now indicates with a "1" beside it that you have submitted 1 file to the selected folder.
- Select the blue folder name hyperlink to view the associated assignment.
- Click to display any files and their comments and dates submitted with each file:
There is no way for students to remove files once they have been submitted.
View instructor feedback
To view feedback from an instructor on an assignment, click the NEW icon in the feedback column (in yellow) on the dropbox folder list page:
The feedback page will now display.
- How do I know if my instructor has viewed my dropbox submission?
- To see if your submission has been viewed, select the dropbox link and then select the history tab. A list of all your submissions will appear. A red circle next to its name indicates that the file has not been viewed. A blue arrow indicates that the file has been downloaded by the instructor.