Effective for Applicants for the Class beginning 2011
The following MUST be completed and on file with Program Director by MAY 7 (no exceptions)
REQUIRED FOR EITHER THE A.A.S OR BACHELOR DEGREES:
- Pre Allied Health Interest Form (PDF)
- Copy of all transcripts to the Program Director with an official copy sent directly to the Office of Admissions
- Students with international transcripts must also submit a course-by-course transcript evaluation from an international evaluation transcript service that includes an overall GPA.
- Submit two letters of recommendation in sealed envelopes. A form for this, along with instructions, are located here.
- A resume
- Documentation of a minimum of sixteen (16) observation hours in a general ultrasound department with a registered sonographer. All observation hours must be documented in the same year that application is being made, therefore between January and May.
- Completion of:
- Medical Terminology (at least 3 credit hours)
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I with lab (at least 4 credit hours) **
- Human Anatomy and Physiology II with lab (at least 4 credit hours) **
- General Physics, non-calculus based (at least 4 credit hours)
- College Algebra
Successsful completion of the above courses require a “C” or better. An “A” will improve the possibility of acceptance. Typically a minimum of a 3.0 GPA is mandatory to be considered as a potential candidate.
Send the required material listed to:Volunteer State Community College
Diagnostic Medical Sonography
Attn: Jennifer Carroll, Program Director
1480 Nashville Pike
Annex 400 Room 104B
Gallatin, TN. 37066