New Student OrientationVolunteer State Community College has a three part orientation program. Each part of orientation is designed to provide the student with the most important information---exactly when it’s needed! Beginning college can be exciting and scary at the same time. That is why we have designed a program that will ease the transition from high school or the work-force into Vol State. There is so much to know about how to make it from one step to the next — everyone needs at least a little help. All students should first start out their college experience by visiting www.volstate.edu/Welcome. This gives students a step-by-step checklist to go by to help make your transition into the college smooth.
Summer 2013 Students
- Summer 2013 registration opens for new and returning students on Monday, April 22, 2013.
- All summer students should check their Vol State student email account by accessing MyVOLSTATE portal. Your log in information is located in your Welcome Letter. If you are having trouble logging in to your account, please contact the IT Help Desk at 615-230-3302.
- All Summer 2013 students should complete any and all testing requirements prior to meeting with an Academic Advisor.
- All Summer 2013 students who are first time freshmen and new certificate students MUST schedule and meet with an Academic Advisor before registration.
Fall 2013 Students
- Fall 2013 registration opens for new and readmitting students on Wednesday, May 22, 2013.
- All fall students should check their Vol State student email account by accessing MyVOLSTATE portal. Your log in information is located in your Welcome Letter. If you are having trouble logging in to your account, please contact the IT Help Desk at 615-230-3302.
- All Fall 2013 students should complete any and all testing requirements prior to meeting with an Academic Advisor.
Who is required to attend?
|Student Type [Application Status]||Directions: New Student Orientation Pre-Work Online||Campus Connect[Advising, Registration, and Fee Payment]||“On Course”
[Online Orientation Seminar]
[This includes high school dual enrolled students]
|Mandatory||Mandatory by Reservation only.||Mandatory for all new first time Freshmen when school starts.|
|New Certificate||Mandatory||Mandatory by Reservation only.||Not Required|
|New Transfer||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Readmit||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Non-Degree Seeking||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Transient||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|Adult Special||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
|ESOL||Not Required||Not Required||Not Required|
Fall 2013 students are expected to complete the following:
- File the FAFSA! [Free Application for Federal Student Aid]
- Complete any and all testing requirements prior to Campus Connect.
- Complete Directions: New Student Orientation Pre-Work online
- Reserve your spot for Campus Connect. Registration for Campus Connect IS MANDATORY.
- Reservations should be done in a timely manner for Campus Connect---please allow us at least a week to ensure appropriate processing.
- Reservations are done on a first-come, first-serve basis, so make sure to complete any Testing and do your Directions: New Student Orientation Pre-Work online. (This means that the earlier you attend an orientation session, the sooner you can register and the likelier it is that you will find the courses that meet your preferences and schedule.)
- Campus Connect dates for the Fall 2013 will be based upon your major and Academic Division. (Refer to your student email regarding this information.)
For more information, please contact the Office of Student Retention at 615-230-3390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.