- FSA ID
If you don’t already have an FSA ID, apply for one now at the FSA ID site here. If you are a dependent student, your parents should also apply for an FSA ID. With your FSA IDs, you and your parents can electronically sign your online FAFSA, making the application process simpler and faster.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
To apply for federal and state financial aid, you must complete a FAFSA each academic year. You can access the FAFSA application on the web at www.fafsa.gov.
When completing the FAFSA, it is highly recommended that you import the IRS information into your FAFSA application from the IRS Data Retrieval tool.
- Special Circumstances
On an individual basis, the financial aid administrator may consider special circumstances of a student which has significantly impacted the family income reported on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Professional judgment cannot be used to waive general student eligibility requirements or to circumvent the intent of the law or regulations. The decision of the aid administrator is final and may not be appealed to the U.S. Department of Education.
Since an adjustment is being made to data elements that are included in the law, complete and accurate documentation will be required prior to consideration. A Special Circumstances Request form is required, as well as documentation to evaluate the income of the individual for the calendar year following the income reported on the FAFSA. Failure to complete the form in its entirety, provide income documents and other information requested, or submission of conflicting data will result in denial of the request. Students should carefully review and compare total family income to ensure that the total expected income does not exceed the prior year income.
Additional Vol State Financial Aid Forms
The Financial Aid Office will notify you if you need to complete any of these forms. These forms are NOT required for every financial aid applicant. Do not complete these forms unless they are requested by the Financial Aid Office.
*All forms require an actual signature, no typed signature will be accepted*
- Forms for Fall 2015 - Summer 2016
- Additional Information Form
- Dependent Student Verification Worksheet
- Independent Student Verification Worksheet
- Verification of Low Income & Expenses for Dependent Students
- Verification of Low Income & Expenses for Independent Students
- Verification of SNAP Benefits
- Verification of Child Support Paid
- Verification of Identity and Statement of Educational Purpose
- Student Aid Eligibility Worksheet for Question 23
- FAFSA Signature Page
- Dependency Override Request
- Direct Loan Request Form
- Special Circumstances Request Form
- High School Verification Form
- Student Marital & Tax Filing Status Verification
- Parent Marital & Tax Filing Status Verification
- Asset Verification
- Lottery Scholarship Forms
The forms for the Tennessee Lottery Scholarship are not required of every student. Please only complete the forms below if directed to by the Financial Aid Office.
- TN Promise Forms
VSCC FINANCIAL AID OFFICE
Office Hours - Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Fax Number (615) 230-3487
Note: If you require assistance with any of the above forms, please do not hesitate to call the Student Financial Aid Office at (615) 230-3456 or 1-888-335-8722 ext. 3456 or by email at email@example.com.