- All degree applicants of Tennessee public colleges must take the ETS Proficiency Profile (formerly MAPP). It is a State requirement.
- All graduates who received a student loan at Vol State must complete the student loan exit interview before receiving a diploma or transcript.
- Students completing an AAS Business degree must also complete a Business review and take the Business Exit Exam.
- Students completing a Paralegal program must take the Paralegal exit exam and also participate in a review.
It is important that you do your best on these exit exams. Your performance reflects upon you, Volunteer State and your program major.
ETS® Proficiency Profile
The ETS® Proficiency Profile (ETSP) was developed to measure and demonstrate the outcomes of general education programs in order to help institutions improve the quality of instruction and learning. It is a test of college-level skills in reading, writing, critical thinking and mathematics designed to measure the academic skills developed through general education courses, rather than the subject knowledge specifically taught in those courses.
The ETSP is a state requirement for graduation and helps Vol State measure how well students have been prepared for their future education and real-world experiences. A portion of Vol State’s funding is determined by graduates’ performance on this exam. It is not a pass/fail exam and does not affect a student’s GPA. For more information on the ETSP, go to http://www.ets.org and click on ETS® Proficiency Profile.
To schedule an appointment to take the ETS exam, contact the Testing Center by phone at 615-230-3484, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in the Warf Building, room 126. To make arrangements to test at the Livingston campus, please call Lisa Officer at 1-800-563-8220, ext. 5217.
Graduates' Student Loan Exit Interview
All graduates who received a student loan at Vol State must complete the exit interview online before receiving a diploma or transcript. The instructions for using the on-line exit interview are listed below:
- Follow this link
- Click the Green Log In box
- Login with your Social Security Number, first two (2) letters of your last name, your date of birth, and your PIN number which you received from the Department of Education and Click the Log In Button
- Click on Complete Counseling
- Click the Start button for Exit Counseling (third box)
- Select School
- Read the following information and complete the quiz in each section
- After all sections are complete and submitted correctly, you will receive a confirmation page which you will keep for your records.
When you have finished, the results will be sent to the Financial Aid Office within 24 hours to let us know you have completed exit counseling. If you have any questions, please call (615) 230-3456.
A.A.S. Business Applicants
All Business applicants must take the Business Exit Exam. This exam does not apply to CIT A.A.S., Accounting A.S. TTP, Business Administration A.S. TTP, or Information Systems A.S. TTP students.
Before taking the Business Exit Exam you must complete the Business review through the Business & Technology Division. Please contact their office at (615) 230 - 3301 or stop by the Mattox Building room 101-B for more information on the review.
After you have completed the Business review, you will need to schedule the Business Exit Exam through the Testing Center by phone at (615) 230 - 3484, by email at email@example.com, or in person in the Warf Building, room 126. You will be cleared to take the exam only after you complete the Business review.
All Paralegal applicants, including certificate and degree, must take the Paralegal Exit Exam given at the College.
A video is available for check out from the Social Science & Education Division office located in Caudill Hall, Room 222. Once you have watched and reviewed the video, return the DVD to the Social Science & Education Division Secretary and then you will be cleared from the division to take the exam.
You will need to schedule this exam through the Testing Center by phone at (615) 230 - 3484, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in person in the Warf Building, room 126. You will be cleared to take the test only after you return the Paralegal Exit Exam Review DVD.
You may call the Social Science & Education Division with any questions. We look forward to helping you move toward graduation.