The Department of Plant Operations is committed to providing the students, faculty, and staff of Volunteer State Community College with a safe, clean, functional, comfortable, and attractive facility for the delivery of all activities associated with the educational programs offered at this institution.
The Department of Plant Operations is committed to providing the students, faculty, and staff of Volunteer State Community College with a safe, clean, functional, comfortable, and attractive facility for the delivery of all activities associated with the educational programs offered at this institution. Toward this goal, the Department of Plant Operations will manage all new construction, renovations, campus police activities, grounds, custodial, and the maintenance program to assure that our physical facilities, both on and off campus, meet the needs of all of this institution’s mission related activities and that compatibility exists with Volunteer State Community College’s Five Year Master Plan. All objectives must be attained while providing a safe and harassment free work environment for our employees.
- How do I reserve a conference room, class space, or a meeting area?
Complete an on-line reservation at http://schedule.volstate.edu/VirtualEMS/.
- I am hosting an event. How do I request a setup?
If your event requires a setup, housekeeping, A/V, IT, or teleconference support, please submit work order request at http://vsntma1.ad.vsnet/. Give us as much detail as possible such as what time the event will start, how many will attend and describe or send a drawing of the tables position. Please give as much notice as possible, preferably two (2) weeks. If you have last minute changes to your setup, call ext. 3605 or 3652.
- How do I request a maintenance repair?
Complete a Plant Operations on-line work order request at http://vsntma1.ad.vsnet/. For emergencies or immediate needs call ext. 3605
- What do I do if I'm moving offices?
Complete an office move form by going to http://www.volstate.edu/PlantOperations/Documents/Office_Move_Form.pdf. Submit the completed form to Plant Operations.
- How do I report an injury or illness?
For all life threatening emergencies dial *0 or ext. 3595 for Campus Police.
- Students/Faculty/Staff/Visitor Accidents: Non-Life Threatening accidents/injuries should be reported to Campus Police ext 3595. Campus Police will forward copies of applicable student and visitor incident reports to the Health & Safety Coordinator. All incidents involving VSCC employees must be forwarded to the Health & Safety Coordinator for OSHA recordkeeping purposes and for Workers' Comp. claims processing.
- Employee Musculoskeletal Injuries/Illnesses: All chronic on-the-job injuries/illnesses related to work duties should be reported to your supervisor and to the Health and Safety Coordinator at ext. 3617 as soon as symptoms occur. The Health & Safety Coordinator will assess the associated job and complete an incident report.
- Traveling for Work? How do I reserve a VSCC Motor pool vehicle?
- Motor vehicles are maintained by Volunteer State Community College to facilitate official college business.
- All Vol State vehicles are assigned through the Plant Operations office at (615) 230 - 3605. You will be given a Travel Report form from the secretary prior to receiving a car for travel.
- The use of State-owned vehicles is limited to employees of the college who have proper travel authorization from their department heads. These employees must possess a valid operator's license. The complete policy can be found at http://www.volstate.edu/PlantOperations/Motor.php
- How do I have surplus property removed from my office/area?
- Complete the required form at: http://www.volstate.edu/BusinessOffice/documents/SurplusProperty.pdf.
- o assist in determining the condition of the item/piece of equipment, please use the condition codes provided at: http://www.volstate.edu/BusinessOffice/documents/SurplusPropertyConditionCodes.pdf.
- Simply complete the form, print it, sign it and forward it to the next approver. Once the form has been received by Plant Operations/Maintenance, they will remove the item/piece of equipment from the area.
- Please do not remove the blue tag from the item/piece of equipment. The tag must stay attached to the item/equipment until it can be disposed of properly. If you are unsure whether the item is a tracked item, please contact the Business Office before disposal.
|First Name||Last Name||Title||Phone|
|Michelle||Boyd||Director of Environmental, Health & Safety||(615) email@example.com|
|Robert||George||Receiving Clerk||(615) 230-3772||Robert.George@volstate.edu|
|Glenn||Riggs||Asst. Director of Plant Operations||(615) firstname.lastname@example.org|
|William||Newman||Senior Director of Plant Operations||(615) 230-3600||William.Newman@volstate.edu|
|Glenda||Godwin||Director of Construction & Facilities||(615) email@example.com|
- Campus Location
- Ground Floor of the Wood Campus Center,Suite 106
- Mailing Address
1480 Nashville Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066