This CCMA Cohort will begin with the ECG section. It will continue into 2016 with the Phlebotomy section in January, February and March. Then the PCT (Patient Care Tech) section will begin late March until early June.
- Students in this cohort must take all three sections of the cohort-individual classes are not an option.
- The student pays for each section before that section begins (ECG: $550, Phlebotomy: $850 & PCT: $650).
- Students must pass the ECG class in order to move on to Phlebotomy.
- Students must pass the Phlebotomy class and NHA Phlebotomy certification exam in order to move on to Patient Care Tech.
- We will be looking to have 18-20 students in this cohort.
The first CCMA (Certified Clinical Medical Assistant) Information session will be held in Building 300, Classroom 101 on August 3 at 5:30pm & August 4 at 2:00pm. If you are interested in being in this cohort, you must attend one of these information sessions. Individual interviews will be scheduled with those students who attend an information session and remain interested in the cohort.
Rx-TN at Vol State is a federally funded grant program designed to help students get into the healthcare workplace quickly. The Student Support Initiative helps students realize this goal through the following services:
College Readiness Testing
Compass Test preparation
Career and Interest Assessment
Healthcare Career Workshops
Degree Plan Preparation
Prior Learning Assessment Credit
Academic Boot Camps
Critical Skills (time management, learning style, study skills) Workshops
Job Search Assistance
The Rx-TN staff are here to assist you in beginning a healthcare career. If you are interested in finding out more, don’t hesitate to contact us.