Research

Mission Statement

The Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment facilitates the integration of assessment, planning, institutional effectiveness and institutional research to encourage continuous assessment and improvement of academic programs and administrative services by providing leadership and actively participating in the strategic planning and evaluation processes for the College. Primary functions of the Office include

  • assisting and coordinating the development of unit effectiveness and assessment plans;
  • providing data about the College and its students and personnel for external agencies, governing boards, program reviews, accreditations, the federal government, and internal constituencies;
  • conducting analytical studies that provide information to support planning and decision-making;
  • preparing reports on the effectiveness and improvement of educational programs and administrative/support services;
  • providing leadership and support to the College strategic planning process.

Disclosure Information Index

Student Right to Know Act

The following information is provided in compliance with the federal Student Right-to-Know (SRTK) and Campus Security Act of 1990, which requires all institutions of higher education to disclose information about program completion. The graduation and transfer-out rates are provided for all first-time full-time students who first enrolled at Volunteer State Community College during the fall 2010 semester. The graduation rate includes all students who completed a certificate or associate degree in three years or less of initial enrollment at the institution. The transfer-out rate represents students transferring to another higher education institution. The graduation rate for full-time students first enrolled fall 2010 and graduating by August 2013 was 16%. The transfer-out rate for this same population was 11%. The combined graduation and transfer-out rate was 27%. Graduation rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 4.8%; baseball: 29.2%; softball: 22.2%. Transfer rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 81.0%; baseball: 50.0%; softball: 55.6%. The combined rates for athletes are as follows: basketball 85.8%; baseball: %; softball: 77.8%. Additional information concerning completion rates of students may be obtained from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment.

Statistics for all crimes are published and distributed to employees and students on an annual basis, in the time frames required by Federal/State law, and are available to applicants for enrollment or employment upon request from the Department of Campus Police (452-8600, ext. 3595 or 230-3595).

Information about students enrolled August 2008 and graduating by August 2013

Category Graduation Rate Transfer-Out Rate Combined
Full Time 16% 11% 27%
Basketball 4.8% 81.0% 85.8%
Baseball 29.2% 50.0% 79.2%
Softball 22.2% 55.6% 77.8%

Additional information concerning completion rates of students may be obtained from the Office of Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment.

Statistics for all crimes are published and distributed to employees and students on an annual basis, in the time frames required by Federal/State law, and are available to applicants for enrollment or employment upon request from the Department of Campus Police (452-8600, ext. 3595 or 230-3595).