What is the Staff Council?
The Staff Council is a representative voice of the support staff to the President, Administration, and other entities of the college. The primary focus of the Staff Council is to:
- Promote a better understanding, cooperation and communication within the campus community.
- Keep constituents advised of issues, policies and activities affecting them.
- Be actively involved in and contribute to the governance of the institution.
- Work to improve morale of the staff.
- Emphasize and initiate opportunities for professional development.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who is eligible to serve on the Staff Council?
To be eligible for election to the Staff Council, a classified staff employee must have at least one year of continuous service to the college.
- How are council members chosen?
The election of representatives from each group shall be conducted during the first week in June. Each staff group will vote on its respective representative (Members may be nominated or appointed by the existing Council).
- How long would I serve on the Council?
Each member shall be elected for a term of 2 years. Representation shall be on a staggered term basis with one of the two members from each group being elected per year.
- How are officers selected?
The Staff Council Representatives shall elect the Chair, Vice Chair, and Recorder during the first meeting of the fiscal year. Each of the officer’s term shall be for 1 year. The Vice Chair will serve as Chair during the second year of service and a new Vice Chair will be elected. In the event that any elected Council member shall be unable to complete his or her term of office, the chair shall initiate the election of a representative to complete the term. The mode of election shall be the same as the method observed in the election of the original member.
- How often does Staff Council meet?
The Staff Council shall meet at least once a month. The Chair may cancel regularly scheduled meetings, should there be no business. Meetings must have a quorum to conduct business. A quorum shall be defined as one half of all members.
- When and where does the Staff Council meet?
Every fourth Friday of each month at 10:00 am in the Jim Moore Conference Room.
- Carol Bazenet Jeanette Copeland
- Dana Davis
- Amanda Foster
- Donnie Goodrum
- Suzanne Hesson
- Beverly Houser - Co-Chair/Professional Development Representative
- Rebecca Loftis
- Lisa Morris - Co-Chair
- Holly Nimmo
- Amber Regan
- Kathy Turner
- Karen Waller - Treasurer