Paying for College
We have a comprehensive program of financial assistance for students in the form of grants, loans, part-time employment and scholarships. Your first stop is our Financial Aid website. You’ll find information about lottery scholarships, who can apply for Financial Aid and many other resources to get you started.
Tips for Financial Aid Success
- Apply for a PIN @ www.pin.ed.gov. You’ll need this for the application process.
- Make sure you or your parents complete the Current Tax Return early.
- FAFSA is the main application center for federal and state financial aid. Everyone has to fill out one of these applications to start the process. Just go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to get started.
- Keep an eye out for notices from the VSCC Financial Aid Office, and make sure you respond quickly!
- Make sure your high school transcript (and any previous college transcript, if applicable) is at the VSCC Admissions Office.
- You need to pick a major for financial aid. See the advising office if you need help.
- Call us if you have any questions or problems: 615-230-3456.
250,000 Reasons to Apply for Scholarships
We provide more than $250,000 in scholarship money each year through the College Foundation. There are more than 220 individual scholarships available, and each one has specific requirements.
While the amounts vary, most of the scholarships cover a full year’s tuition. If you need help paying for school, make sure you apply. Some students are surprised to find they are eligible. You won’t know unless you apply.
Start by going to the Financial Aid website.