Information for Committee Chairs & Co-Chairs
The Chairperson's (or Co-Chairperson's) leadership is key to the success of any advisory committee.
The responsibilities of the Chair include:
- work with committee members and program staff and community representatives to plan and carry out committee functions
- assist the Program Director/Staff in agenda development and handling details regarding meetings
- preside at meetings
- keep group efforts focused and all members involved in tasks
- delegate tasks and follow-up work
- represent the committee at official meetings and functions
- submit recommendations of the committee to appropriate program staff, administrators and other groups
- follow-up on committee recommendations or actions
To prepare for the meetings, the Chairperson/Co-Chairperson, working with the Program Director and staff, accomplishes the following:
- schedules meetings well in advance
- establishes and publicizes time, date and location of each meeting
- arranges for meeting location and logistical requirements
- notifies committee members and appropriate school officials in writing of meeting date and agenda
- prepares materials on the issues that are on the agenda
Each program has an Advisory Committee Handbook which outlines the program-specific curriculum, mission and other program details, as well as Committee activities and areas of emphasis for the current year. The program-specific Advisory Committee handbooks were developed based on faculty, staff, and Advisory Committee input. In addition to providing members with more detailed program information, a major purpose of the handbook is to align the advisory committee process with the College mission and vision.
Find Your Handbook
This website was developed in part with funds received under Title I of the Carl D. Perkins Career & Technical Education Act of 2006.