A certificate in Veterinary Assistant requires 22 hours of college courses encompassing both general education and animal care. The program may be completed on either a full or part time basis. The program is designed to prepare the student for employment in one of several career paths:
- Veterinary assistant in private practice
- Research assistant for teaching hospitals
- Animal care provider for retail pet stores/groomers
- Local Humane Society staff
- Animal husbandry for corporate farms
Primary course work, including laboratories, will occur on the main campus in Gallatin.