The Events Calendar is a tool you can use to manage course-related dates and events. You will be able to view course events such as project due dates, virtual office hours, exam and test information, that your instructor posts through the events calendar on the course home page. You can also export your course calendar to another calendar application.
The main Events Calendar page displays:
Select to view All Events or Personal Events or Student Course Events from the drop list under the links on the left side
Add a new event
To add a personal event, from the main calendar page:
- Click the link.
The Add New Event page displays:
- Type the Title of your event.
- Choose a date by using either the drop-down boxes or by clicking the small calendar image beside the drop-downs.
- Select the Show More Options link to choose the specific dates on which you want events to display and to add content to an event using the text editor and HTML editor.
- Type a description of the event.
- Click Save.
To import events in the form of an excel spreadsheet or .txt file, from the main calendar page:
View and print your calendar
To view a version of your calendar in printable format and then have the option of printing it:
- Select the link on the left side of the page.
- View and Close the displayed page. Or,
- Choose to print the displayed page using the Print option in the File menu.