- Add New Message
- Reply to a Posting
- Post an attachment
- Download an attachment
- Flag Message
- Print Posting
You can find Discussions under the Communication link, as shown below. You can also locate the Discussion board under the Evaluation link.
The main discussion area displays a list of current, active discussions.
Select the discussion you want to join from the displayed list.
Add new message
- Go into the Topic (blue link) and Click to add a new message.
- Give the message a Subject title and type the text in the larger box. (To include an attachment, click Add Attachments and refer to section below.)
- Click to add your post.
Reply to a posting
To reply to an existing post, select the existing posting from the list of messages in the Topic and click .
The Add Message: portion of the discussion panel displays, allowing you to reply to the posting much like you would to an email.
Post an attachment
- Click Add Attachments within your post, as described in the previous section.
- Click Upload to locate the file on your computer OR you can simply drag and drop the file in the box shown.
- Click when finished.
Download an attachment
- Select the postings with the attachment you want to download.
- Click the attachment (in blue) to open and view. Some files may open up in their specified program, such as Microsoft Word.
- Images may open up in a new window. To save the image, right-click (Command Click for a Mac) and choose Save Image As from the menu, and browsing to the location to which you want to save the file.
"Flagging" a message allows you to make a particular discussion post (time-sensitive or important) more visible to users.
If you want someone in particular to view a message, create a new posting, or open an existing posting, click the drop down menu next to the subject and click Flag Post.
displays beside the Subject text.
- Sort by flagged in the main discussion window by clicking Flagged:
- To remove a flag, click the drop down menu next to the subject and click Remove Flag.
You can view posts in a printable format and send the posts to your printer:
- Do one of the following:
- Select Print Thread from the context menu of a thread to print a thread.
- Select Print from the context menu of an individual post to print a post.
- In the Printable View pop-up window, click Print.
- Do one of the following:
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is there any way to search a discussion board for relevant text?
- On the Discussions List page, click on the topic you want to search for posts.
- Enter the terms you want to find in the search field and click the Search icon.
- To see all posts again, click the Clear icon in the search field.
- What does the blue flag mean?
- Flagging refers to the process of marking a discussion or topic with a flag to make it more visible to users. This usually indicates an important message or discussion.