Admissions Requirements & Deadline
Deadline: All application materials must be submitted and completed by February 1.
Complete the entire Degree Seeking Application thoroughly. An incomplete application cannot be considered and will be returned to the applicant. Students may access the application online.
Keith R. Davis, Belmont University, College of Health Sciences, 1900 Belmont University, Nashville, TN 37212-3757. Phone: 615.460.6120 Fax: 615.460.6125
Deadlines: Admittance three (3) times per calendar year (fall, spring, summer)
Successful candidates will follow ALL requirements linked above including:
- Apply for admission to the Rudy School of Nursing and Health Professions after confirmed admission to Cumberland University.
- Submit a Letter of Intent (follow guidelines) to enter the JCRNHP School of Nursing filed with the Office of Admissions NO LATER THAN:
- The first Friday of September for admission to spring semester
- The first Friday of February for admissin to summer semester
- The first Friday of June for admission to fall semester
Chelsea Hardin, Coordinator of Pre-Enrollment Advising. Phone: 615.547.1393
Kim Stephens, Assistant Director of Admissions. Phone: 615.547.1293
Union University - Adult Studies
Deadlines for Hendersonville Campus:
- Spring Semester: Priority Application Deadline - June 1 & August 1
- Fall Semester: Priority Application Deadlines - December 1 & February 1
Cathy Wright, Program Coordinator UG Nursing. Phone: 615.447.2532 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Glynis Blackard, Chair of UG Nursing, 205 Indian Lake Blvd., Hendersonville, TN 37075 Phone: 615.447.2532 Email: email@example.com
Tennessee State University
Deadline for receiving all application materials is March 1st in order to be considered for admission in the Fall of that year.
Requirements - include delivery of a complete folder in the TSU office that contains the following items:
- Completed Nursing Program Admission Form (available online Application as of 1/2015) - Check for most current application.
- Pre-Nursing Exam score, results of A-2 HESI Test [Vol State Testing Center, (615) 230-3484 or ONLINE with TN State University]
- Proof of 2.5 GPA or higher (excluding developmental/ Learning Support courses)
- Proof of proficiency in Algebra at the intermediate level (either by placement test scores, completion of required developmental courses in Algebra, including Math 1005 and completion of a College Algebra course with a C or better, or enhanced ACT score)
- Proof of Chemistry with a lab with a grade of C or better (may be one year of High School Chemistry or one semester of College Chemistry)
- Proof of acceptance into Tennessee State University
Please submit these documents together and at one time. Keep a copy of all your paperwork for yourself just to be safe. It is essential that you fulfill the above requirements before March 1st. DO NOT put off taking a laboratory Chemistry and Math 1005 course. You will not be considered until the Math, Chemistry and ALL developmental classes are completed. Once they are, you may feel free to get other support courses out of the way.
Sandra Marklin, Coordinator/Assistant Professor Phone: 615.320-3263 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mary Mitchell, Secretary (Part-time), Room 101, Betty Gibson Hall (Annex Bldg. 500), Volunteer State Community College. Phone: 615.230.3293 Fax: 615.230.4817