VII:01:02 Use Computer Software
- All software purchases are to be channeled through the Director of Information Technology and purchased by Information Technology or a budget unit head authorized by the Director of Information Technology (See VII:01:05).
- Purchasing in conjunction with Information Technology will interpret software license agreements. Software will only be purchased after appropriate license agreements are negotiated with the vendor.
- Records will be maintained by Information Technology of all license agreements governing software executed on the systems supported by the College.
- All software acquired by the College must be inventoried by Information Technology.
- All software media acquired by the College will be labeled to indicate that the software has been inventoried.
- Under no circumstance shall any software licensed to the College be copied to or installed on any system not owned by the College without specific prior written approval from the Director of Information Technology. (See VII: 01:01).
- Any software, whether owned by the College or not, found on a College computer system to which it has not specifically been assigned by Information Technology will be removed immediately from that system. Continued violation of this provision by an individual or department may result in the removal of the computer system and other penalties (See VII: 01:01).
- Under no circumstance shall any software be copied to or installed on any computer system of the College by any party other than those individuals specifically designated to do so by the Director of Information Technology.
- Under no circumstance shall any software, which is not specifically licensed to and inventoried by the College, be copied to, executed on or installed on any computer system of the College unless the software is open source or freeware.
VSCC Source: September 1, 1993, President; November 1, 1997, President; February 29, 2008, President.