Regents Online Degree Program (RODP)
The Regents Online Degree Program (RODP) provides students the opportunity to continue or complete their education in a manner that is more convenient to their individual schedules. RODP courses and programs have the same content, rigor and outcomes as on-campus courses and programs and are accredited by The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Programs and services are also monitored and evaluated to ensure quality and continuous program improvements. All RODP instructors must be certified by the regional accreditation commission and verified before being considered for online teaching assignments. Additionally, all instructors are trained on the online delivery platform, have an understanding of online teaching principles and learning methods, and adhere to high quality teaching standards.
RODP Associate Degrees/Technical Certificate:
- Associate of Applied Science in Professional Studies - Concentration: Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Early Childhood Education
- Associate of Applied Science in Health Information Technology
- Associate of Applied Science in Criminal Justice
- Associate of Arts in General Studies (*University Parallel)
- Associate of Science in General Studies (*University Parallel)
- Associate of Science in General Studies: Elective Concentration: Teacher Aides/ Paraprofessionals Preparation (*University Parallel)
* University Parallel associate degree programs are designed for students ultimately seeking bachelor degrees.
RODP Course Schedule
The most up-to-date information about RODP courses offered is available on the Course Listings page at the Regents Online website. Clicking on a course title will display its syllabus.
Textbooks and Supplies
Textbooks for RODP courses should be ordered directly from the Regents Online Virtual Bookstore, not the Vol State campus bookstore. Many textbooks are customized specifically for the RODP program and have a special access code or other software that is bundled with the textbook. Students are responsible for purchasing textbooks and supplies in a timely manner in order to be prepared and ready to participate the first day of classes. For specific questions about RODP textbooks and supplies, please call (888) 251-2665 (not the Vol State bookstore).
How to Login/Access RODP Classes
Please note: RODP students do not have access to login to their classes until after 3:00 pm Central Standard Time (CST) on the the published date that RODP classes begin.
- The Regents Online course portal is located at elearn.rodp.org.
- Your username is the first initial of your first name and full last name followed by the first four digits of your birth date. There are no spaces and no periods. If your last name is hyphenated it will be your entire last name including the hyphen.
- If you have never taken an RODP course before, your password will be your six-digit birth date. For example, John Smith is a student whose birthday is February 22, 1992. John’s username is jsmith0222 and his password is 022292.
- After your first login, you should change your password to something more secure. If you have taken RODP classes before, your password will be the password that you used previously.
RODP Attendance Reporting
Students will only be counted as engaged if they actively participate in the course. Simply logging in to the system will not constitute participation.
RODP instructors do not report attendance. Instead, RODP will place a news item at the top of every course homepage in the D2L system with instructions for completing a 3-question, non-graded Student Survey. After completing the survey, an attendance report will be generated and submitted to the student's home school. Please note that this report is not submitted every day, and there may be a 2- or 3-day delay between when the survey is completed and when attendance is recorded.
Midterm & Final Exam Proctoring
RODP students should check the syllabus for each RODP class to determine if the midterm and/or final exam must be proctored. If so:
- Do not call the Vol State Testing Center. Go to the Testing Center website at www.volstate.edu/testing and select the RODP and Exit Exam Scheduling link on the left side of the page (NOT the VSCC Online Exam Scheduling).
- Students who have taken RODP courses before and have scheduled proctored exams during a previous semester may login with the same username and password that was previously used.
- First-time users should click the Register box, complete the required information, and then click Submit to proceed.
- At the "Select Test" drop-down menu, select "RODP - Volunteer State Community College". You will not see your actual course name.
- Monthly calendars will appear on the next screen. Select a date and then a time.
- Finalize the scheduled appointment.
- Once a date and time have been finalized, you will receive a confirmation email of your appointment as well as a reminder email two days prior.
For more information related to Proctored Exam Requirements for RODP courses, click on the following link: http://www.rodp.org/current-students/test-proctoring.
FREE Online Tutoring Services
RODP Technical Support
- Password Problems? Call (888) 223-0023
- Technical Problems? Login Problems? Call the AskRODP Helpdesk at (866) 550-7637.
- For technical help after regular business hours (5:00 pm – 8:00 am, weekends, holidays, and during closings), call (855) 664-1161.
Tips & Resources
- RODP students should visit the Regents Online homepage and read the resources there.
- Online Orientation and tutorials explain how to access and navigate through an RODP class.
- Help with the registration process is available at the How to Register page on the Vol State Admissions website.
- Fees for Regents Online courses are different from other Vol State courses. Please visit the Business Office website for more information.
- Additional online and video courses are available through Vol State’s Distance Learning program.
Vol State RODP Campus Contact:
Mrs. Lisa M. Borre
Toll free: (888) 335 - 8722
Warf Building, Room 126
Feel free to contact me with any questions you may have about RODP or Volunteer State Community College. I truly look forward to helping you as you pursue your academic endeavors!