- The Admissions Office is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-6:00pm and Fridays from 7:30am-4:30pm to assist with submission of applications for admission or readmission, receiving of additional paperwork such as immunization records, transcripts and identification documents. The Admissions office is located at the front desk area. Phone (615) 433-7032; Fax (615) 433-7033.
- Normal operating hours for advising assistance is Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm through the Student Services Coordinator or Director. Students may visit or phone (615) 433-7032 for appointments. Advising is also provided by faculty advisors during their scheduled office hours. Evening advising is available from 4:30pm to 6:00pm Monday through Thursday by appointment only. Students requiring evening advising should call the Student Services Coordinator or Director at (615) 433-7032 to make an appointment.
- The bookstore is open from Monday through Thursday from 9:00am to 3:00pm room 138. Books for the courses offered at Highland Crest are stocked in the bookstore. Books may be ordered online and delivered to Highland Crest for pickup if you are taking courses at another location or online. Phone (615) 433-7036
- Business Office
- The normal operating hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-6:00pm and Fridays, 7:30am-4:30pm. The hours may vary during peak periods such as registration, mid-term, final exams and semester breaks. Phone (615) 433-7032/Fax (615) 433-7033.
- Career Placement
- A representative from Career Services and Community Engagement is available to assist students with career placement advice, interviewing skills, etc. A representative from this office schedules a time to visit with classes with individual faculty members. Students may also refer to the Office of Career Services and Community Engagement for additional information concerning employment opportunities.
- Disability Services
- Staff from the Office of Disability Services visits the Highland Crest site once per semester. The Office of Disabilities Services staff work closely with Student Services staff at Highland Crest to provide testing accommodations and other required services. Highland Crest students may complete the intake/registration processthrough the web. Further, the staff in the Office of Disability Services mentors and instructs those students receiving accommodations toward self-advocacy.
- Financial Aid
- Assistance with Financial Aid is provided by the Student Services Coordinator or Director Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Students requiring assistance after 4:30pm, may schedule an appointment with the Student Services Coordinator. Phone (615) 433-7042/Fax Number (615) 433-7033.
- The library is open Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-9:00pm and Fridays, 7:30am-4:30pm. and is located in room 231. The librarian’s hours vary by semester and are posted in the library for reference. Books and materials housed at the main campus are available to be checked out at Highland Crest and will be delivered through the courier twice a week. Phone (615) 433-7018
- Public Safety
- Officers are available during campus operating hours. If you have an emergency, please call extension 7023 from an on-campus telephone, or (615) 433-7023. Emergency call boxes are located in the parking lot.
- Retention Support Services
- Students have access to the College Success Zone through the student portal which allows the student to “raise their hand” to request assistance for a myriad of issues – academic, career, and/or personal. The College Success Zone also includes a services catalog which details and provides contact information for each of the services (academic and student support) provided for the students by the College.
- Student Life and Diversity Initiatives
- Student IDs are required of all students and are made at the front desk Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-6:00pm and Fridays from 7:30am-4:30pm. Times may vary between semesters and on college holidays. Validation stickers and parking decals can be obtained at the same times. Temporary tags can be obtained from Campus Police, room number 118. Information concerning student organizations and activities can be obtained from the Student Services Coordinator Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm in room 108 or through telephone, (615) 433-7032.
- Testing Center
- The Testing Center hours are Monday through Thursday from 7:30am-6:00pm and Fridays from 7:30am-4:30pm. Only the COMPASS exam and proctored tests for classes are available. The hours may vary during peak periods such as registration, mid-term and final exams, semester breaks, etc. When scheduling an exam, please allow enough time to be able to complete testing before the Testing Center's published closing time. Although walk-ins may be accommodated if possible and space permits, appointments are strongly suggested. Evening hours are available but must be scheduled with the Student Services Coordinator. Phone (615) 433-7032.
- Veteran Services
- Veteran services are available Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm with the Student Services Coordinator or Director. Evening appointments are available by appointment.
Phone (615) 433-7032.
You can view the schedule of classes for Vol State at Highland Crest to find out about upcoming courses.
Vol State classes include general education requirement courses that apply to most of the degree and program options at the College. Program specific courses will be offered and expanded as the academic program at Highland Crest grows. Visit the Admissions page for information about applying to the college.
There are also non-credit, continuing education classes offered at Highland crest. Visit the Continuing Education page for more information on non-credit courses.
The schedule of classes includes listings for both credit and non-credit courses.
Volunteer State Community College and Austin Peay State University offer classes at Highland Crest in a 25,000 square foot, two-story building including:
- four classrooms
- a multi-purpose room
- a science lab
- an interactive television classroom
- a bookstore
- a library
- a learning support center
- and ten faculty offices
It's a unique educational partnership that marks years of planning and development. The $4.4 million facility is located near NorthCrest Medical Center in Springfield. The hospital has been an important partner in the project, funding all of the operating costs for the first two years. A local resident, Billy Batson, donated the land. Robertson County and Springfield leaders made it all possible by providing $6 million in funding for construction. Residents gave final approval by voting in favor of the funding in a special referendum. The building is now open.
Vol State runs the new campus with an on-site director, faculty and staff. Vol State classes include general education requirement courses that apply to most of the degree and program options at the College and program specific courses in Allied Health.
Austin Peay State University also offers classes at Highland Crest. More information is available on the APSU website.
The college facility is located just south of NorthCrest Medical Center in Springfield on Highway 431 and then turning onto William A. Batson Parkway.
Vol State at Highland Crest
150 Laureate Avenue
Springfield, TN 37172
Phone: (615) 433-7030
Toll-free: (855) 724-8722
Fax: (615) 433-7033
Working at Highland Crest
Those interested in teaching at Highland Crest can apply for our open pool instructor positions via our employment site.