Volunteer State Community College offers a variety of programs and resources to assist students with college success. The Office of Retention Support and College Success is responsible for Directions: The First Year Experience which includes Campus Connect, onCourse, and other special programs designed to intentionally engage students in their first year of studies.
The Office of Retention Support and College success works closely in collaboration with many offices on campus to promote student success and persistence to graduation. Early Alert Interventions and College Success [Retention Initiatives] are paramount in promoting student success at the college.
Students who utilize the College Success Zone can improve their academic success.
The College Success Zone is the college's "tool box" of helpful resources. Refer to these for help.
- For help in your class, contact your instructor. Building a relationship is key!
- For Tutoring, Supplemental Instruction Information, the Writing Center, etc. Visit the College Success Zone.
- For Academic Skills Counseling [help with time management, organization, and study skills] contact the Advising Center.
- For counseling, support, mental health concerns, contact the Advising Center.
- For issues relating to physical or learning impairments and to seek accommodations for them, contact the Disability Services Office.
- Students interested in the TRiO program should contact the TRiO Office.
- Our Veterans Affairs Office is available to those men and women who have served and need assistance with transitioning from "Boots to Books."
- Are you a Night Owl? You would benefit from getting involved with "The Gatherings." Join our Evening Services Office activities.
We want all students to take the pledge! Commit to Completion. Sometimes it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Questions? Contact the Office of Retention Support Services and College Success at 615-230-3390 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.