Volunteer State Community College welcomes large groups of prospective students and community members to campus every year. In order to provide large groups with the best experience possible, we ask you to review our guidelines below and submit a tour request using the form at the end of this document.
- Large group campus tours are only offered on Fridays due to the need to maintain an optimal classroom and study environment for our current students.
- To provide you with the best possible experience, we ask that you request your large group tour at least three weeks in advance. Once your request is received, an admissions representative will reach back out to you.
- Large group tours require 1 chaperone per every 10 students attending. Chaperones are ultimately responsible for the behavior and wellbeing of the students they are chaperoning and are expected to review the campus visitor expectations with students prior to their arrival.
- In order to be best prepared for your size group, we request that you notify us no less than 48 hours in advance of any increase or decrease in the size of your group, or should you need to cancel.
- Because we rely on students to assist us in providing campus tours, and we want to be respectful of their time and class schedules, any groups that arrive late for their scheduled visit will have modifications made to shorten the length of their tour keeping it to the original timeframe. Should any group be 30 minutes or more late, they may be asked to reschedule their visit entirely.
- Due to budget restrictions, we are unable to provide lunch or refreshments for visiting groups. If you are interested in dining on campus, please indicate that on your form.
- Should buses remain on campus during the tour, they may park in large empty areas of Lot D. Buses are allowed in the circle drive area for drop off and pick up of guests only.
Campus Visitor Expectations
- When on campus, guests should speak in an appropriate volume, tone, and language for a business environment.
- During the visit, it is expected that all electronics are turned off or silenced; this includes cell phones, iPods, video games, etc.
- During the tour, please give your full respect and attention to your tour guides.
- If there are questions during the tour, simply raise your hand to let the tour guide know you have a question.
- Visitors should stay together as a group. (Wandering off without permission is not allowed.)
- Chaperones are expected to assist with compliance of these expectations.