Information on this page comes from a variety of sources. Volunteer State Community College provides this page as an unaffiliated resource for use by the communities we serve. When conducting a job search, it is the responsibility of each individual to research the integrity of the organizations to which one is applying. Individuals are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and when supplying personal information through the Internet. Volunteer State Community College does not author, edit or monitor this page and therefore does not assume responsibility for its content or veracity.
Fair Housing Intake Specialist
Company: Tennessee Fair Housing Council
Location: Nashville, TN
The TFHC is a private, non-profit advocacy organization whose mission is to eliminate housing discrimination throughout Tennessee. Our enforcement program is based in Nashville and concentrates on Davidson, Cheatham, Dickson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson and Wilson counties. Unfortunately, we are not able to take every case due to our limited funding and resources.
Our organization provides education and advocacy on housing discrimination, and we also take complaints from individuals who believe they are experiencing or have experienced discrimination. Our work with individual clients sometimes involves negotiating disability-related accommodations with landlords, and on some occasions we provide legal representation to individuals who wish to file an administrative complaint or lawsuit.
JOB DESCRIPTION: The Intake Specialist is frequently the first person with whom a new client has contact. Therefore, the ability to interact with persons of all socio-economic backgrounds is a must. The Intake Specialist is responsible for the prompt, accurate interview of potential clients and data entry into the case management system, maintain client files, and records for reports. With demonstrated legal reasoning and analytic skills, the Intake Specialist may participate in advocacy on behalf of clients. Fluency in Spanish a plus.
Job Type: Part time
Work Hours: 15 hours per week
Compensation: $13.89 per hour
Start Date: February 23, 2018
• Must have the ability to work in an office setting
• Must have excellent communication and writing skills
• Answer the telephone
• Interview potential clients, screening for cases that fall within our client service area and those that should be
referred to a legal aid organization
• Enter potential client information into the case management system
• Maintain clients’ files to ensure that all documents are available and in order
• Provide support to clients through the investigation and complaint process
• Support entire organization by assisting in special projects when delegated by supervisor
• Maintain the integrity of the organization by keeping all client information confidential
• Other duties as assigned
Experience: No experience required
Date Posted: February 9, 2018