Information on this page comes from a variety of sources. Volunteer State Community College provides this page as an unaffiliated resource for use by the communities we serve. When conducting a job search, it is the responsibility of each individual to research the integrity of the organizations to which one is applying. Individuals are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and when supplying personal information through the Internet. Volunteer State Community College does not author, edit or monitor this page and therefore does not assume responsibility for its content or veracity.
Forensic Immunochemist II (MLT required)
Company: Aegis Sciences Corporation
Location: Nashville, TN
Founded in 1990, Aegis Sciences Corporation is a laboratory sciences company based in Nashville, Tenn., that provides science-driven testing and consulting services for clients such as healthcare providers, pharmaceutical companies, professional and amateur sports organizations, leading college and university athletic programs, Fortune 500 corporations, and government agencies throughout the United States. For more information please visit http://www.aegislabs.com/.
The Forensic Immunochemist II (MT/MLT required) will operate, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of automated laboratory equipment that utilizes ELISA, EIA, refractometry technology and performs specimen aliquoting and batch creation. He or she is also responsible for review and verification of screening data.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Operate, troubleshoot, and maintain a wide variety of laboratory equipment used in immunoassay and specimen validity testing.
• Maintain positive specimen identification through the use of barcodes and ‘chain of custody’ procedures.
• Ensure that appropriate reference materials (calibrators, controls) are included in each batch/sample analysis and meet acceptable criteria. Accurately prepare QC material as directed and needed.
• Document and maintain instrument, reagent, and QC records per Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
• Review and verify instrumentation data for acceptable results. Post results in the LIMS system.
• Accurately document batch data as necessary for automated delivery of batch sequences to the FMSL department
Job Type: Full time
Work Hours: Evenings (4 pm to 12:30 am)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Start Date: March 12, 2018
Successful Candidates Must Possess:
• Associate’s degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or Bachelor’s degree in Medical Technology or related field required.
• Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Scientist, or Medical Laboratory Technician licensure required
• ASCP or AMT MLT/MT certification required
Education: Associate's degree
Experience: No experience required
Date Posted: February 22, 2018