Information on this page comes from a variety of sources. Volunteer State Community College provides this page as an unaffiliated resource for use by the communities we serve. When conducting a job search, it is the responsibility of each individual to research the integrity of the organizations to which one is applying. Individuals are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and when supplying personal information through the Internet. Volunteer State Community College does not author, edit or monitor this page and therefore does not assume responsibility for its content or veracity.
Tree Crew Climber
Company: Quality Tree Surgery, Inc.
Location: Nashville, TN
Quality Tree Surgery, Inc. has been in business for 35 years, proudly serving the Nashville, TN and surrounding areas. We are locally owned and operated, and we are licensed, bonded, and insured. We are an "A+ Accredited Business" of the Better Business Bureau and have been a member for almost 30 years.
We are looking to add a select few enthusiastic, committed, and ambitious new members to our Quality Tree family. We encourage our employees to be upwardly mobile through on-going training and access to the latest industry certifications. Compensation and benefits are competitive and based on qualifications and experience with access to performance-based raises. Apply today and become a "tree ninja" with the Quality Tree team!
Duties of a Crew Climber:
- Reports for duty, on time, every day
- Chainsaw experience a BIG plus
- Driver's license a BIG plus
- Climbing experience a BIG plus
- Is comfortable with heights
- Is comfortable operating heavy equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively with all crew members
- Understands and adheres to all safety policies
- Clears brush and vegetation
- Moves logs, large branches, and brush from one area of job site to the wood chipper by hand and/or with wood chipper winch
- Feeds logs, large branches, and brush into the chipper by hand
- Operates specialized equipment including, but not limited to: chainsaws, hedge trimmers, blowers, pole saws, loppers, various ropes and climbing equipment, hand pruners, handsaw and other arboricultural equipment.
Job Type: Full time
Work Hours: 6:30am - 3:00 (tentatively)
Start Date: March 5, 2018
Must be able to:
- Operate equipment safely and knowledgeably
- Communicate effectively with arborists and crew members
- Follow directions
- Adhere to safety standards at all times
- Lift up to 100lbs
- Perform a variety of repetitive physical movements, such as bending, lifting, twisting, etc.
- Work on a variety of terrains
- Work in a variety of temperatures and weather exposed to nature, such as irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust, etc.
Education: High school
Experience: 1 year
Date Posted: February 27, 2018