Information on this page comes from a variety of sources. Volunteer State Community College provides this page as an unaffiliated resource for use by the communities we serve. When conducting a job search, it is the responsibility of each individual to research the integrity of the organizations to which one is applying. Individuals are advised to use caution and common sense when applying for any position with an organization and when supplying personal information through the Internet. Volunteer State Community College does not author, edit or monitor this page and therefore does not assume responsibility for its content or veracity.
On-Call Customer Accounts Representative
Company: Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation
Location: Eastern Region
Cumberland Electric Membership Corporation has been a power distributor in a growing five-county area, serving Cheatham, Montgomery, Robertson, Stewart, and Sumner counties.
In the absence of Regular Full-Time Customer Account Representative, reports to work on an on-call basis. Receives and properly accounts for member-consumer payments and answers inquiries and resolves complaints with member-consumers.
Job Type: Part time
Work Hours: The number of hours worked per day and/or week will depend on the need in the individual district office(s).
Start Date: April 1, 2018
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Observes CEMC safety rules, procedures, safety policies, and bulletins.
2. Receives and processes member-consumer payments of bills and other fees collected at the drive-thru window and counter following proper accounting procedures. Verifies monies and payments of bills received through the night deposit, district mail and from collection agencies. Balances cash drawer and makes bank deposit(s) daily.
3. Monitors radio and pending service orders in work queues and printers. Dispatches service crew(s) and meterman-collector, as needed.
4. Answers inquiries and resolves member-consumer complaints. Generates a record of customer contact to member-consumer's account.
5. Assists with answering telephones during outages and peak periods, to include after regular working hours, as needed.
6. Opens and transmits mail for applicable district office. Prepares correspondence for district office, as needed.
7. Initiates service orders for installations, connections, disconnections or changes to electric service. Closes all service orders promptly upon completion.
8. Issues meter bases, when needed. Records releases as received from the state electrical inspector and processes appropriate service order.
9. Maintains files and necessary records for operation of the District Office.
10. Places courtesy calls to member-consumers, as needed.
11. Serves as receptionist.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive. An employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
CEMC reserves the right to revise or change the description and specifications as the need arises.
This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Education: High school
Experience: 1 year
Date Posted: March 1, 2018