The purpose of the Athletics Committee is to ensure that the Athletic Program operates on sound principles as it relates to recruitment, admission, eligibility, fundraising, and graduation of its athletes, and to monitor and ensure compliance with Title IX.
Review and recommend strategies for ensuring that there is equity among all intercollegiate sports.
Review and monitor compliance with internal policies and external agencies (e.g. NJCAA, etc.)
Review and maintain Athletic Student Handbook.
Review and monitor the athletic mentoring program.
Promote academic excellence resulting in increased retention and graduation rates among athletes.
Evaluate the athletic program.
Reports to the Vice President for Student Services
- Two (2) representatives from the Athletic Department
- Two (2) faculty outside Athletic Department
- One (1) representative from the Advising Center
- One (1) staff representative from the Foundation office
- One (1) representative from Business and Finance
- One (1) representative from Admissions
- One (1) representative from Financial Aid
- One (1) representative from Records
- Student representation: 2 (one athlete, one non-athlete)
- At-large members: 3
- Total membership: 15
Ex-Officio: Director of Athletics, Vice President for Student Services, Assistant Director of Records and Registration
4th Friday, 8:00 a.m.