General Education Committee
The purpose of the General Education Committee is to provide support for continued improvement in teaching and learning by reviewing, implementing, and monitoring plans to ensure a high level of academic integrity for all General Education courses. This includes but is not limited to:
- Ensuring achievement of general education outcomes and academic excellence in the general education program.
- Reviewing and recommending guideline, policies and procedures regarding General Education courses. .
- Monitoring academic integrity and quality in all programs General Education courses to further ensure student success.
- Review results of assessments to plan, recommend and initiate mechanisms to improve assessment results.
- Analyze data and make recommendations on program initiatives to determine student success.
- Monitor success and retention rates of General Education courses with different delivery methods including online, hybrid, accelerated, cohort, etc.
- Complete annual report on student success and outcomes for General Education courses.
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- One (1) faculty representative from each academic division
- Two adjunct faculty members
- Chair of Curriculum Committee
- Director of Distributed Education
- One (1) representative from Testing
- One (1) Academic Dean
- Director of Library Services
- Faculty Council Vice-Speaker
- One representative from Upper Cumberland (CHEC or Livingston)
- Three (3) department chair or program director representatives
- Student representation: 2
- Total membership: 20
- Ex-Officio: Vice President for Academic Affairs, Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Research, Planning and Assessment, Coordinator of Supplemental Instruction, Assistant Vice President for Student Services, Director of Dual Enrollment, and Administrator of Work-Based Learning
3rd Friday, 11:00 a.m.