The purpose of the Instructional Assessment Committee is to provide support for continued improvement in teaching and learning by reviewing, implementing, and monitoring plans to ensure a high level of academic integrity. This includes but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and recommending guideline, policies and procedures regarding distance learning and dual enrollment.
- Evaluating the availability of Library resources on and off campus and providing recommendations regarding the library's holdings, equipment, facilities, policies, and practices.
- Monitoring academic integrity and quality in all programs to further ensure student success.
- Review results of assessments to plan, recommend and initiate mechanisms to improve assessment results.
- Make recommendations on the content and use of faculty evaluations.
- Monitor and make recommendations on student evaluations.
- Analyze data and make recommendations on program initiatives to determine student success.
- Review and recommend policies and procedures concerning instructional delivery methods and academic support services
- Review and assess effectiveness of academic support service programs (e.g., Supplemental Instruction, Tutor.Com, etc.).
- Monitor success and retention rates of courses with different delivery methods including online, hybrid, accelerated, cohort, etc.
- Review and recommend guidelines, policies and procedures regarding Distributed Learning initiatives and accelerated programs.
- Establish and maintain criteria for academic freedom.
- Review and evaluate educational programs with partners.
- Award Honors Awards
Reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs
- One (1) faculty representative from each academic division
- Two adjunct faculty members
- Chair of Curriculum Committee
- Director of Distributed Education
- Director of Learning Support
- One (1) representative from Testing
- One (1) Academic Dean
- Director of Library Services
- One (1) Representative from ROCE
- Faculty Council Vice-Speaker
- One representative from Livingston
- Three (3) department chair or program director representatives
- Student representation: 2
- Total membership: 20
- Ex-Officio: Vice President for Academic Affairs, Vice President for Institutional Effectiveness, Coordinator of Supplemental Instruction, Assistant Vice President for Student Services and Enrollment Management, Director of Dual Enrollment, Director of Career Placement, Cooperative Education, and Service Learning
1st Friday, 10:00 a.m