Effective immediately, all campus locations will be closed to students, visitors and general public due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Only essential employees will be permitted on campus. Students may still receive help from offices in Student Services as well as from Academic Affairs through phone and email. Please visit volstate.edu for a full list of directory information.
TN eCampus Students please note: Although Vol State online classes are on hold until March 23rd, TN eCampus classes have NOT been suspended and will continue as scheduled.
The global Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) situation is rapidly evolving and expanding. When gathering information to educate yourself about COVID-19, use reputable sources such as the following:
Current Travel Advisories
Keeping Yourself Healthy
Prepare now by helping to prevent spread of COVID-19. Individuals can lower the risk of transmission by consistently practicing simple, everyday non-pharmaceutical interventions (NPIs):
- Staying home when you are sick or if you have been in close proximity to someone who is sick.
- Covering coughs and sneezes with a tissue
- Washing hands with soap and water or using hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands,
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Covering your nose and mouth with a mask or cloth if you are sick and around people or at a mass gathering in a community where the virus spread is already occurring.
Symptoms and Transmission
- Symptoms may be flu-like, ranging from mild to serious, and include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Person-to-person spread is occurring. According to the CDC, most people in the United States will have little immediate risk of exposure to this virus.
- Spring Break is scheduled for March 9-13 and students, faculty and staff who have made plans should visit the CDC (link) and State Department (Link) websites to make informed decisions regarding travel. Several countries are now under travel advisories and more are expected to be added as the situation evolves.
- Visit this site for updated contact information for major airlines.
Supporting Those Returning from Affected Countries
Vol State strives to be an inclusive community that welcomes and respects all people. Acts that violate the institution’s core values are not tolerated. Reporting, understanding and preventing unacceptable behaviors such as bias are essential. Contact our Office of Student Services if you feel you have experienced such an incident or are a witness to an incident involving any member of our community.