Volunteer State Community College believes strongly in the concept of education as a method for encouraging and maintaining a supportive and safe community. Each student, faculty and staff member plays an integral part in supporting core principles to mitigate the spread of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. While the institution can do its part in minimizing risk on campus, everyone must do their part to support efforts to minimize exposure and spread to peers and colleagues. By engaging in the on-campus community of the college, you recognize all the risks related to exposure to COVID-19. Students, faculty, and staff can help keep our community healthy by being mindful of their actions and following the institutional/public health and safety protocols. As such, we ask each individual to pledge to take responsibility for your own health and help stop the spread of COVID-19 by agreeing to the pledge.
The Pioneer Pledge is our community’s promise to protect ourselves and one another to prevent the spread of illness.
Every member of our campus community must do their part to make Vol State a healthy environment.
Take The Pledge
I understand I have a part to play in the fight against COVID-19 and commit to being a responsible member of the campus community. I commit to uphold the Pioneer Pledge every day by demonstrating personal integrity, respecting others, and supporting my college and local community by:
- Following institutional / public health guidelines designed to protect myself and others including but not limited to completing the online COVID-19 screening form before entering any campus building or location
- Wearing an appropriate face mask and other protective equipment as directed by the college
- Maintaining social distancing
- Protecting myself and others in areas of campus where distancing isn’t possible
- Washing my hands frequently
- Staying home if sick or if I have symptoms of COVID-19
- Looking out for others and encourage their faithful commitment to the pledge