The purpose of the Diversity and Cultural Awareness Committee is to promote awareness of diversity issues, provide cultural activities/events, and increase overall diversity at the College.
- Develop and monitor the progress of the College’s Diversity Plan and provide budget recommendations for initiatives related to the Diversity Plan.
- Advise the Director of Human Resources about activities that increase and enhance diversity in the work environment for faculty and staff.
- Advise the Assistant Vice President for Student Services and Manager of Diversity and Inclusion about activities that increase and enhance diversity for our students from recruitment through graduation.
- Collaborate with individuals and groups in providing diversity education activities such as workshops, speakers, and social events.
- Monitor and contribute to the comprehensive calendar of cultural programs and activities prepared by Public Relations.
- Work with Student Life, Human Resources, and Public Relations to increase campus and community participation in diversity-related activities.
- Develop guidelines and nominate recipients of the Diversity Award.
Reports to the Vice President for Student Services
- One (1) advisor to E.S.O.L.
- One (1) representative of Student Services
- One (1) representative of Business and Finance
- One (1) representative of Learning Support
- One (1) representative from Public Relations
- One (1) representative from Admissions
- One (1) faculty representative from at least four divisions
- Advisor of Gay-Straight Alliance
- Advisor of A.A.S.U.
- Advisor of Collegiate Ministries
- Maxine Smith Fellow (if available)
- Student representation: 2
- At large members: 3
Total membership: 19
Ex-Officio: Assistant Vice President for Student Services, Vice President of Human Resources, Manager of Diversity & Inclusion; Coordinator of E.S.O.L., Chair of International Education, Experiential Learning Coordinator, Committee, Chair of Enrollment Management Committee, Coordinator of International Education
1st Friday, 11:00 a.m.