Navigating to Course Content
Access course content by clicking the Content link on your course home navigation bar.
Note: Your instructor may have defined a specific learning path for your course. If this is the case, some course modules will only be available to you once you have completed prerequisite modules or assignments.
The Table of Contents area is on the left side of the screen. From this menu you have access to:
- The Overview button is where you can find a course overview. Sometimes the course overview may be a description of the course and sometimes it is the syllabus for the course.
- The Bookmarks button lists the topics you bookmark. Click the Add Bookmark icon while viewing a topic to add it to your bookmarks list. The number beside the Bookmarks link indicates how many bookmarks you added within the course.
- Upcoming Assignments lists course material due dates, start dates, end dates, and other course events for the next seven days. Dates listed on this page are not exclusive to Content topics; upcoming events include all events within the course from the Calendar tool. The number beside the Upcoming Events link indicates how many upcoming events you have.
- The Table of Contents provides a quick view of the course contents and can be used to navigate to a specific module. You can browse course materials and assignments from the Table of Contents. The number beside a module indicates how many topics within the module you need to complete. The number decreases as you work through course materials. A check mark beside a module indicates that you have visited all of the content in that module.
Course Content Viewing Options
Once you click on a specific content page, it will open up. See example below.
From the course content topic, you can view the material in the right in eLearn or choose from the following options that will help you manage your course content:
- Bookmark- The gray icon has not been clicked. The blue bookmark icon means it has been clicked/bookmarked already.
- Print- Click this icon to print content.
- Download- Click this to download the content to your computer.