Click on "Communication" on the navigation bar and select Discussions.
The main discussion area displays a list of current, active discussions.
From the main discussion area you will see Discussion Forums and Discussion Topics. The forums help to organize the discussion topics. For example you may have 3 discussion topics inside the Module 2 Discussion Forum.
Click on the name of a discussion topic to participate in that discussion. The discussion topics is where you post and respond to your classmates posts.
Add a New Post
- Go into the Topic (blue link) and Click to add a new message.
- Give the message a Subject title and type the text in the larger box. (To include an attachment, click Add Attachments and refer to section below.)
- Click to submit your post.
Add an Attachment
- Click Add Attachments within your post, as described in the previous section.
- Click Upload to locate the file on your computer OR you can simply drag and drop the file in the box shown.
- Click when finished.
Download an Attachment
Select the posting with the attachment you want to download.
Click the attachment (in blue) to open and view. Some files may open up in their specified program, such as Microsoft Word.
Images may open up in a new window. To save the image, right-click (Command Click for a Mac) and choose Save Image As from the menu, and browsing to the location to which you want to save the file.
Edit a Post
You can edit your post (unless editing has been restricted by the instructor). Editing allows you to fix a misspelled word or clarify your post. To edit your post, click on the drop down arrow next to the title of your post.
A pop-up window with your post will open up. Make changes to the post then click .
Reply to a Post
To reply to an existing post, select the existing posting from the list of messages in the Topic and click .
Type your message in the text box that opens up, allowing you to reply to the posting much like you would to an email.