The Dropbox tool replaces the need for you to mail, fax, or email assignments to your instructor. You can use the Dropbox tool to submit assignments online by uploading their files to designated folders where your instructor can pick up the files for grading. Instructors can add feedback to the assignments you submit in the dropbox. You can upload more than one file to a single Dropbox folder, but once the file has been submitted it cannot be removed.
Select the Evaluation link on the course home navigation bar and then select Dropbox to view a list of dropbox folders created by your instructor.
The Dropbox Assignment Submission Folders page will then open and display the assignments that have a dropbox requirement.
From this page you can view:
- A list of available assignment folders
- Your score for assignments that have been graded
- Submission and feedback information
- Due dates for each assignment
- Previously submitted assignments (by clicking View History)
To submit assignments to the dropbox, select the assignment name then:
- Read assignment instructions, complete work and save your document in the format required by your instructor. Most instructors prefer .doc, .docx, or .rft file formats. You can also submit .htm, .txt, .wpd and .pdf files if you are instructed to use that file format.
- Click Add a File and locate the assignment file that you want to upload.
- Click Submit to turn in your assignment and return to the dropbox folder list page.
Confirming Your Assignment Submissions
Once you've turned in your assignment you can confirm that it has been uploaded a few different ways.
After submitting a file you will see a file upload results screen and you will receive a submission receipt email in the coursemail system.
You can also see that you have submitted a file by looking at the main dropbox page. The submissions column now indicates with a "1" beside it, that you have submitted 1 file to the selected folder. You may submit more than 1 file for an assignment but there is no way for students to remove files once they have been submitted.
The last way to see your sumissions is to click . Then select the assignment you would like to view from the drop down menu and click Apply.
Viewing Instructor Feedback
To view feedback from an instructor on an assignment, click the word "view" in the feedback column on the dropbox folder list page. The feedback page will now display. Some instructors leave their feedback right in eLearn, some use a rubric in eLearn and some attach a document with feedback.