When you first log in to eLearn, you are taken to the My Home page. From this main page, you can:
- Access your courses
- Check your eLearn Course Mail
- Update and change your preferences
- View news posted by Distributed Education
- View information about events
The navigation bar on the top of the Home page is referred to as the MiniBar. You will find links to My Home, a Dropdown Menu for your courses, a notification area, and your preferences menus.
Other features of the My Home page include:
- Links to Useful Pages: Under Academic Resources, Student Services, and Help you'll find numerous links to help you succeed in your online courses and college overall.
- Events & News: Up and coming events for both eLearn and the campus are posted in the News Widget. Check it often for anything new or helpful!
- My Courses: All your current eLearn courses will be located here.
- Updates: Provides notifications for your courses (New messages, new grades, new assignments, etc.).
How do I log into eLearn?
- Open a browser and type http://elearn.volstate.edu into the web address line.
- Enter your MyVolState Portal username and password in the appropriate fields in the login box.
- Click Login.
Accessing Your Courses
- You can access your courses from the My Courses Widget, or the Select a Course dropdown in the minibar.
- Note: To return to the My Home page, click the My Home link in the course navigation bar, or the eLearn Logo.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I change my eLearn preferences?
- You can change different eLearn settings via the My Home page. From your main homepage, click your name. You will be able to select a variety of different options for editing.
- Where are my classes?
- Your classes will be located in the My Courses Widget.