What is eLearn?
eLearn is a web-based course management system designed to create a rich online learning environment for students. eLearn includes features such as an electronic dropbox, automated gradebook, discussion boards, and quizzes.
How do I log in to eLearn?
Steps for logging into eLearn
- Open up an Internet browser (i.e., Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari)
- Go to http://elearn.volstate.edu/
- Log in using your assigned username and password.
How do I see my courses in eLearn?
Once you are logged into eLearn, you can either look for the box labeled "My Courses" on the left of the screen or click the "Select a course..." icon. Click the name of a course to enter it. Once inside a course, use the "Select a course..." icon again to easily switch between courses.
NOTE: You won't be able to see your classes until they officially begin. If you still cannot see them after the semester starts, contact Distributed Education.
What if I can't log into eLearn?
Contact the Vol State IT Help Desk for password assistance.
Once inside my eLearn course, how do I access the course materials?
Use the navigational tool bar along the top of your course homepage. The links located on this tool bar allows you to access materials within your course. Some tools that your instructor may be using include:
- Content which may include your course syllabus, reading material, or homework instructions.
- Grades where you can see your grades on assignments throughout the semester.
- Dropbox where you can submit electronic copies of your homework to your instructor.
- Quizzes where you can complete course quizzes.
- Some helpful Tips for using eLearn
- Get in the habit of using the links located on the navigational tool bar to move around inside your course.
- When exiting your eLearn course, be sure to click on the Logout link AND close the browser window. This is especially important if you are using a computer in a public lab.